Green Building Alliance is working to elevate Pittsburgh’s network of united, powerful, Women+ in Green! Our main two-day event takes place on June 6th to 7th, and features our Inspire Speakers Series on Thursday evening and a mentorship breakfast on Friday morning. We are thrilled to welcome award-winning Chief Sustainability Officer of Humanscale Jane Abernethy to share insights over the entire event, while the inspiring Celeste Smith, Atiya Jones, Nina Barbuto, Chris Cieslak, Rebecca Lucore, Lindsay Powell, and Camila Rivera-Tinsley will be speaking throughout.
To build a culture of mentorship, we are also launching a series of engagement opportunities to create a community of support. From a book club to dinner groups and happy hours, there are all numbers of ways to connect.
Women+ in Green Two-Day Celebration
Green Building Alliance is starting the conversation with inspirational stories from women in sustainable manufacturing, emceed by Assemble’s Nina Barbuto. This lecture will be presented by GBA’s Inspire Speakers Series with Humanscale’s Chief Sustainability Officer Jane Abernethy and local creator Atiya Jones.Register Now
Join us for Green Building Alliance’s second annual Women+ in Green Breakfast, where we’ll combine inspiring stories with candid panel discussions and facilitated table conversations to celebrate this important work.
Our dynamic panel discussion includes:
- Chris Cieslak (Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh)
- Rebecca Lucore (Covestro)
- Lindsay Powell (Mayor Peduto’s Office)
- Camila Rivera-Tinsley (Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy)
Our table discussion leads include:
- Alicia Avick (Advantus Engineers)
- Erica Cochran (Carnegie Mellon University)
- Danielle Crumrine (Tree Pittsburgh)
- Angela Garcia (Global Links)
- Laleh Gharanjik (Jendoco Construction)
- Jana Lake (3R Sustainability)
- Emily Pierson-Brown (Perkins Eastman Architects)
- Joylette Portlock (Sustainable Pittsburgh)
- Zinna Scott (Operation Better Block)
- Demeshia Seals (DLRS Consulting)
- Brenna Shaffer (Rothschild Doyno Architects)
- Alicia Volcy (IKM Architects)
Building a Culture of Mentorship
In our efforts to continue the conversation and to facilitate a network of Women+ in Green, GBA will be hosting numerous events throughout the year, including:
Women+ in Green Book Club | Multiple Dates TBD:
Green Building Alliance has curated a collection of literature ranging in topic from women empowerment to environmental/sustainability issues. We’ll host facilitated discussions in small groups to talk about how topics from the book can be applied professionally.
Women+ in Green Mentor Mixers | Multiple Dates:
Green Building Alliance is opening up our office for a series of networking events to provide an opportunity to build relationships among Pittsburgh’s most influential women in sustainability. Join us for an evening of inspiration where we’ll talk about challenges we face as both sustainability professionals and as women in male-dominated spaces.
Women+ in Green Happy Hours | Multiple Dates TBD:
Join the Women+ in Green community for a series of happy hours around town! These casual happy hours will be hosted by women-owned businesses to continue this important conversation. We’ll visit inspiring office spaces of Women+ in Green!
- June 21
- August 2 | Loysen + Kreuthmeier Architects
- November 14 | The Frick Pittsburgh Grable Visitor Center
- December 13
Women+ in Green Dinner Discussions | Multiple Dates TBD:
Hosted by our very own Women+ in Green, these dinners will facilitate intimate conversations as volunteers open up their homes around town. These casual, intimate pot-luck dinners will provide space for Women+ in Green to have their own dialogue around a culture of courage.
- July 24 | 6:00-8:00 | TBD