Green Building Alliance’s new magazine, Viride, is now available! The annual publication showcases the projects, people, and perspectives that are leading our region’s innovative green building industry.
In Latin, “viride” (pronounced vĭrĭdā or VEER-uh-day) means fresh, green, blooming, and youthful. At Green Building Alliance, as we strive to advance healthy, high performing, and green buildings and places that are environmentally responsible, socially just, and economically viable. Thus, naming our annual magazine Viride seemed like a good way to designate how we and our many stakeholders work with passion, enthusiasm, and goals that help our region grow. Though GBA is approaching our silver anniversary as an organization, we still feel youthful and excited by the green building and sustainable placemaking projects and potential the future holds – and we are proud to have been helping regional and national leaders and partners water the seeds of sustainability we’ve been planting together for the past 23 years.
The premiere issue of Viride includes:
- Dr. Jared Cohon Leads Carnegie Mellon University to Sustainability Success
- Mike Gable Fuels Construction, Community, and Collaboration through Reuse
- The Tower at PNC Plaza: A Workplace for the Future
- Pamela’s Diner’s Recipe for Greater Efficiency
- Sustainability in Schools Goes Beyond the Building
- Illuminating the Way Toward Greener Parking Garages
- Ecodistricts: Building-Based Sustainability Expands to Communities
- Putting Energy into Efficiency in Erie
- Modeling Sustainable Practices in the Trucking Industry
- The Frick Environmental Center: A Living Classroom Reimagined
Advertising in Viride
There are a few ways you can advertise in Viride. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.