As part of the U.S. State Department Peer-to-Peer Dialogue program, Green Building Alliance (GBA) is excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for three (3) Russian citizens to visit Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and learn about green building and the city’s historic role in this movement. As part of the trip, we will visit local green buildings and various cultural sites, and meet with local sustainability leaders.
Those chosen for the program will receive roundtrip airfare from Moscow to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; twelve (12) nights’ accommodation in an 1897 historic home; local transportation; and meals. Dates of this visit to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA are Sunday, April 19 – Friday, May 1, 2015. We are seeking candidates working in the green/sustainable buildings or communities sector. A tentative list of activities include:
Green Building Tours
- Phipps Conservatory (http://phipps.conservatory.org/project-green-heart/green-heart-at-phipps/center-for-sustainable-landscapes.aspx)
- David Lawrence Convention Center (http://www.pittsburghcc.com/)
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Falling Water (http://www.fallingwater.org/)
Green Roof Tours
- Carnegie Mellon University (http://www.cmu.edu/environment/campus-green-design/green-roofs/)
- Carnegie Mellon University School of Architecture – The Center for Building Performance and Diagnostics (http://www.cmu.edu/architecture/research/cbpd/absic-cbpd.html)
- University of Pittsburgh – Mascaro Center for Sustainable Innovation (http://www.engineering.pitt.edu/MCSI/)
- Tree Pittsburgh – (http://treepittsburgh.org/)
- Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy – (http://www.pittsburghparks.org/)
- Bike ride along our riverfront trails (http://friendsoftheriverfront.org/interactive-map/)
- Pittsburgh’s Bike Share will also launch during this time period – (https://www.facebook.com/PGHBikeShare)
- Something else you would like to see in Pittsburgh – be sure to include those suggestions on your application.
Please submit the following application by January 5, 2015. Selected applicants will be notified by January 10, 2015. For questions or clarification, please email Michael Sobkowiak at Michaels@gbapgh.org.