An Interview with John Brooks, BRINC Building Products Always a builder and construction person at heart, former Lumber Grader John Brooks spent two years of his “spare” time as a young, single dad remodeling his home in the small town of New Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. John had full custody of his two children – 7 and 8 […]
Tag Archives | windows
Join GBA for an insider’s view of VEKA Inc., the world’s largest producer of window and door profiles. Experience their 700,000-square-foot manufacturing facility during this event. Take this opportunity to learn about the history of VEKA, the window and door profile manufacturing process, as well as how vinyl windows and doors help reduce energy consumption in this cradle to grave product assessment.
We’ll start the afternoon off with light refreshments and networking prior to the presentation and tour, followed by a brief presentation on the past, present, and future of VEKA from President and CEO, Joe Peilert. Then Kevin Seiling, VP of Engineering, will give an American Architectural Manufacturing Association, AIA Learning Unit Presentation entitled Vinyl Windows: Designed for Performance. A facility tour will follow including Lean, Six Sigma, SMART, and Kaizen practices in the areas of:
- Resin – Rail Car Delivery System
- Compound Blending
- Tool & Die
- Regrind Recycle Program – LCA, Sustainability
- Water Recycle System
- Testing Lab/Model Shop
- Global Recycling Initiative
After the tour we’ll continue the conversation in VEKA’s two-story conservatory showroom. Replicated from the streets of Europe, this space features European and North American window and door products. Enjoy wine, beer, and hors d’oeuvres while mixing and mingling with like-minded professionals. Carpooling is encouraged – if you are interested in carpooling, let us know and we’ll see what we can do to match people up accordingly.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Architects, designers, engineers, life cycle assessment specialists, and energy analysts.
- Discover the benefits of vinyl to the consumer and its well known energy-saving and sustainable properties.
- Explore the door and window profile manufacturing process.
- Demonstrate how specific reduced waste systems are synthesized and implemented in the manufacturing process.
- Summarize VEKA’s cradle to grave product assessment and the resultant process and material changes.
- Understand how water recycling reduces waste water in the manufacturing plant.
This event is approved for 2.0 GBCI CEUs and 2.0 AIA HSW hours. Partnering with USGBC and AIA, GBA makes it easy for our members to report continuing education credits. Please provide your GBCI and/or AIA number so we can auto-report your credits (for applicable events). Non-members can still earn continuing education credits but will need to self-report their GBCI CEUs.