Mechanical/Sustainability Program Engineer (Pittsburgh, PA)
Do you want to be immersed in sustainable design practices on a global scale? Apply your mechanical, and/or architectural engineering experience and background to a growing global initiative. 3R Building Sustainability (a division of SRI Quality System Registrar) is seeking a Sustainability Program Engineer for its Pittsburgh office (in the Strip District) to be on the front line of the global charge toward sustainability.
As a Sustainability Program Engineer, you will provide expertise and serve as the primary technical subject matter expert for the evaluation of projects pursuing LEED Certification. You will gain first‐hand experience with green building strategies and some of the top project designs in the industry. Our team works to ensure that all aspects of building design are accounted for to enhance the synergistic relationship between site, systems, and innovation.
- Provide technical expertise and serve as the primary technical subject matter expert for the
evaluation of projects pursuing LEED Certification.
- Complete reviews of LEED documentation, including templates, calculations, and mechanical,
electrical, and plumbing drawings and specifications, provided as part of national and
international LEED certification applications. Review of energy model documentation.
- Read and understand documentation of energy‐related systems/sustainable design/LEED.
- Apply various LEED rating systems to review documentation for compliance with LEED
- Provide written comments in excellent grammar and spelling explaining the results of the
- Create/analyze energy models in eQuest, EnergyPro, Trane Trace, HAP or IES.
Based on skills and experience, the applicant may have an opportunity to work with client project teams
to develop and document high‐performance buildings.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a Mechanical or Architectural Engineer with minimum three to five years related experience.
- Hold a LEED AP with specialty (or the ability to obtain within six months)
- Have LEED project experience as a consultant or designer (Preferred)
- Have experience with at least ten energy models using eQuest, EnergyPro, Trane Trace, HAP or
IES, and various energy codes
- Possess detailed technical understanding of HVAC/energy systems and one or more of the
following subjects: plumbing systems, electrical systems, common construction methods,
materials specification, landscape design and management, master planning, land use, zoning,
and urban development.
- Have experience in Building Commissioning, Energy Audits, or Energy Benchmarking
- Have experience which demonstrates skills in Consulting, Project Management, and Client
Preference given to candidates holding the LEED Certification Reviewer certificate, and/or BEMP or CEM
credential. SRI will provide necessary training for qualified candidates.
As a member of the SRI family, you are offered a comprehensive benefit package, including medical,
dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts for medical/dependent care, retirement plan
with company match, generous paid time off, and a business casual environment. With a strong belief
in the importance of work/life balance and employee health and wellness, we provide and encourage
employee participation in lunch and learns, wellness and physical activity programs, and work schedule
flexibility. Salary is competitive, depending on education, breadth of experience and communication
All inquiries will be held in confidence. Verification of LEED AP qualifications with the USGBC and
background checks are required. EOE.