The BOMA 360 Performance Program, intended to be an overarching evaluation of building operations, recognizes buildings that meet industry best practices in building operations and management, safety and risk management, training and education, energy performance, environment and sustainability, and tenant/community relations.
Over 700 buildings have been acknowledged by the program since its launch in 2009. BOMA cites numerous studies of increased tenant satisfaction and retention in BOMA 360 Performance Buildings, as well as financial savings and positive public responses.
All occupied individual commercial buildings are eligible to participate in this program, which includes the following prerequisites:
- A standard operating procedures manual
- A formal preventive maintenance program
- Completion of the most recent BOMA Experience Exchange Report survey
- Energy benchmarking using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager
The program is sponsored by Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International and BOMA members can participate at a discounted rate. In addition, winners of The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY) Awards are allowed to waive several application sections.
11 Stanwix Street, managed by CBRE, is a local example of BOMA 360 in action!
To find out more about this certification, visit the BOMA 360 Performance Program website, which includes:
- Frequently asked questions
- A list of evaluation measures for each category
- Building case studies
- Press resources for certified buildings