In 2015, PNC Financial Services opened onsite Well-being Centers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and Miamisburg, Ohio, providing convenient, affordable, and quality care.
Among other services, the centers offer primary, preventive, and urgent care, as well as lab services, annual physicals, well-woman exams, and physical therapy. Both centers are open for all employees enrolled in PNC medical benefits, their covered spouse or domestic partner, and any covered dependents over the age of two.
Thanks to myriad green features, PNC’s Well-being Centers achieved LEED Silver certification. Some noteworthy features include:
- A 20% reduction in lighting power, accomplished through the use of LEDs and with the full lighting load connected to occupancy sensors.
- Energy-efficient office equipment, all of which is Energy Star®-rated.
- 95% of construction waste materials were diverted from landfills.
- Materials used on this project have a total recycled content value of 22%, with 48% of materials regionally manufactured.
- Achievement of all five of the low-emitting material credits (adhesives and sealants, paints and coatings, flooring, composite wood, systems furniture and seating), with 100% compliance to promote a healthy indoor environment.
- The Pittsburgh center’s Downtown location is easily accessible to employees by foot, bike, or public transit.
These new centers are part of more than 250 green buildings in PNC’s portfolio, which makes the company the world leader in newly constructed LEED-certified spaces.