REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP) FROM 501(C)(3) NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS AS HOST SITES FOR SHARED SOLAR INSTALLATIONS
PROPOSALS ARE DUE: 5:00PM APRIL 8, 2015 VIA EMAIL
Pittsburgh Green Innovators is seeking qualified non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations located in and/or serving disadvantaged communities in Allegheny County to submit proposals to receive solar PV system installations on their facilities. (To determine Qualified Census tracks go to: http://www.huduser.org/qct/qctmap.html).
This project supports Pittsburgh Green Innovators’ efforts to promote a community shared solar network, with our first project currently underway in Pittsburgh’s Hill District. It supports our broader goal of advancing energy alternatives by reducing energy consumption, developing alternatives to fossil fuels and improving access to and building markets for renewable energy alternatives
Through this competitive selection process, Pittsburgh Green Innovators will select two (2) additional non-profit organizations as host sites to receive a solar PV system worth a minimum of $20,000 installed on each site. Funding for this project was made possible with a CITF grant provided by the Redevelopment Authority of Allegheny County to Pittsburgh Green Innovators.
RFP SCHEDULE OVERVIEW:
All organizations must be prepared to allow installations to be completed on their site no later than June 21, 2015. The key dates for this RFP are:
- Non-Profit RPF Announced by PGI March 4, 2015
- Questions Due from Organizations March 13, 2015
- Responses from PGH Green Innovators March 18,2015
- Proposal Due from Organizations April 8, 2015
- Organizations Short-Listed for On-Site Visits/Interviews April 10, 2015
- On-Site Visits and Interviews Take Place April 14-16, 2015
- Two Selected Organizations Announced April 22, 2015
TO RECEIVE THE FULL RFP:
To be eligible to submit a proposal, all proposers must request the full RFP directly from Pittsburgh Green Innovators via email addressed to GrowingSolar@pghgreeninnovators.org with the subject line: GROWING SOLAR NON-PROFIT RFP and include the following in the body of the email:
1. Name of the Organization, address, phone number and website
2. Person responsible for this RFP with all contact information: address, email and phone(s)
3. One sentence stating why you would like to have a solar PV system installed at your facility.
Please do not call Pittsburgh Green Innovators.