Green Building Alliance’s Individual and Corporate memberships bolster our mission to inspire healthy high performing places and offer you a host of benefits. Join GBA’s 1,100 active members and become part of the vital work of keeping our region on the cutting edge of sustainability!
Your membership inspires the creation of places throughout Western Pennsylvania that are environmentally responsible, socially just, and economically viable. Join us today! Or SIGN IN to your dashboard to renew your existing GBA membership.
Individual Memberships Include:
- USGBC Member Discount
- Emerging Professionals (EP)
- Full-time Student
- Discounted GBA events: Take a look at our extensive events calendar and notice the member and non-member prices in each event description. It won’t take long to realize savings!
- Registration to exclusive member-only events: GBA’s programming staff works hard to secure exclusive behind-the-scenes tours and special events especially for members. Examples include the Frick Environmental Center, Bakery Square’s Google offices, Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium, Carnegie Museum of Natural History, UPMC Children’s Hospital, and various cruises along Pittsburgh’s three rivers.
- Website User Profile: As a GBA member, you will have access to your very own dashboard on our website allowing you to:
- View your membership status
- Edit your contact information
- More easily register for events
- View your past event attendance
- Review any contributions you’ve made
- Networking opportunities: GBA’s members are the movers, shakers, and experts of the industry – the architects, professors, contractors, engineers, students, designers, and commissioning agents who are working every day to make the region healthier and greener. Members have a unique opportunity to network and collaborate with each other at all GBA events, but particularly at member-only events.
- Inclusion in GBA’s member listing: GBA has established itself as a well-respected and trusted leader in the building, education, nonprofit, and economic development communities. Appearing in this listing demonstrates that a person or company is committed to building a healthier region.
- Discounted advertising in BreakingGround magazine: GBA is pleased to announce this partnership with BreakingGround, which allows members to receive a 10% discount on advertising rates. The magazine is published on behalf of the Master Builders’ Association of Western Pennsylvania and has a controlled distribution of more than 3,100, with an estimated readership of 12,000 professionals. Its readers are the owners, principals, and associates at the region’s foremost development, architectural, engineering, and construction companies. Learn more.
- Customized trainings: Corporate Cluster members can receive customized trainings for employees. GBA will train an entire staff on how to prepare to take the LEED Green Associate exam, how to use the new Portfolio Manager to track building performance, or anything else that might be useful in helping businesses create a competitive edge or individuals to develop into regional green building leaders. (Please note: This benefit is for corporate members only.)
- Discount on Zipcar membership and rentals: Zipcar provides GBA members with special rates! Use of this shared transportation program is a great way to reduce the impact of daily, weekly, or periodic commutes. Use a Zipcar for offsite trips or personal errands anytime! Visit the Zipcar website to sign up, find vehicle locations, and learn how the program works! Special GBA member rates include:
- No application fee
- Half-price annual membership (only $25)
- Discounted weekday rates
- Discounted hourly rate ($9.25)
- Business day rate ($53 from 7 a.m.–7 p.m.)
- 24-hour day rate ($63)**
**All rates include gas, insurance, and 180 miles/day ($0.45/mile thereafter). These special rates cover all vehicles except BMWs and convertibles. Weekend rates vary depending on metro location and length of reservation. Already a Zipcar member? Email email@example.com to upgrade your account.