GBA works to generate awareness, interest, and commitment to healthy and high performing places through fun and engaging events; timely communications content; opportunities to build connections; and endless enthusiasm. By offering presentations, building tours, webinars, lunch and learns, professional trainings, and a plethora of in-person and online resources, we seek to prepare current future green building leaders of all interest and experience levels. Most of all, we love to create ways for our regional experts to learn from and inspire one another.
These efforts have led to exciting results in Western Pennsylvania:
- More than 300 LEED certified buildings in the region, totaling more than 30 million square feet
- 1 WELL certified building (of only 7 nationally)
- 2 Living Building certified buildings (of only 25 worldwide)
- Several Net Zero Energy buildings
- 1 Sustainable Sites certified (4 stars) building
- Over 1,250 LEED professionals in Western Pennsylvania
- More than 4,700 Energy Star Homes
- The Pittsburgh region on the cutting edge of green building for nearly 30 years! We are home to the first LEED certified buildings in the country (such as the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank), some of the most iconic (David L. Lawrence Convention Center, for example), and some of the greenest (like Phipps Conservatory’s Center for Sustainable Landscapes).
Visit the GBA events calendar to find details on upcoming seminars, building tours, happy hours, training courses, workshops, and more!