GBA works to generate awareness, interest, and commitment to healthy and high performing places through events, communications, an online presence, and enthusiasm. By offering presentations, building tours, webinars, lunch and learns, LEED test preparation courses, and a plethora of in-person and online resources, we seek to prepare current future green building leaders of all interest and experience levels.
These efforts have led to exciting results in Western Pennsylvania:
- More than 300 LEED certified buildings in the region, totaling more than 30 million square feet
- 1 WELL certified building (of only 7 nationally)
- 1 Living Building certified building (of only 11 nationally)
- 1 Net Zero Energy certified building
- 1 Sustainable Sites certified (4 stars) building
- Over 1,250 LEED professionals in Western Pennsylvania
- More than 4,700 Energy Star Homes
- Pittsburgh on the cutting edge of green building for 20+ years! It’s home to the first LEED certified buildings in the country (such as the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank), some of the most iconic (David L. Lawrence Convention Center, for example), and some of the greenest (like Phipps Conservatory’s Center for Sustainable Landscapes).
Visit the events calendar to find details on upcoming seminars, building tours, happy hours, LEED preparation courses, workshops, and more!