- This event has passed.
Women+ in Green
June 7 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am EDT$65 – $75
Supporting a culture of courage through mentorship, celebration, and professional development.
Green Building Alliance is elevating Pittsburgh’s network of united, powerful, Women+ in Green! This two-day celebration features our Inspire Speakers Series on the evening of Thursday, June 6th and the return of our mentorship Breakfast on Friday morning. We are thrilled to welcome Chief Sustainability Officer of Humanscale Jane Abernethy to share insights over the entire event, while the inspiring Celeste Smith, Atiya Jones, and many other Pittsburgh changemakers will be speaking throughout. Tickets can be purchased for each individual event or in combination.
Day 1 – June 6: Inspire Speakers Series Presents: Women+ in Green
GBA’s Inspire Speakers Series starts the conversation with inspirational stories from women in sustainable manufacturing, featuring Humanscale’s Chief Sustainability Officer Jane Abernethy. She leads the company’s efforts to create a net positive impact through both its products and operations. Collaborating closely with company executives as well as designers and engineers, Jane guides the development process to help create the most sustainable products possible.
For our opening night of this two-day celebration, we’ll hear from women in sustainable manufacturing on a local and international scale. Feed your mind, and your belly, and be inspired by the unique and important work of our sisters in sustainability in the manufacturing industry.
Full dinner is included in your registration fee. This kickoff event will be held at the Elsie H. Hillman Auditorium at the Kaufmann Center.
1825 Center Ave, Pittsburgh PA 15219
- 4:30 – 5:30 | Dinner, Drinks, and Networking
- 5:30 – 6:45 | Speaker Presentations
- 6:45 – 7:00 | Q&A
- 7:00 – 7:30 | Dessert, Networking
Day 2 – June 7: Women+ in Green Breakfast presented by Cohen Seglias Pallas Greenhall & Furman PC
Our Women+ in Green Breakfast aims to celebrate and build a culture of courage within the field of sustainability. Join us for Green Building Alliance’s second annual Women+ in Green Breakfast, where we’ll combine inspiring stories of courage and mentorship with candid panel discussions and facilitated table conversations. Jane Abernethy and Celeste Smith will present our keynote addresses and we’ll hear unique perspectives from other leaders making big changes in Pittsburgh and beyond.
Our dynamic panel discussion includes:
- Chris Cieslak (Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh)
- Rebecca Lucore (Covestro)
- Lindsay Powell (Mayor Peduto’s Office)
- Camila Rivera-Tinsley (Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy)
Our table discussion leads include:
- Alicia Avick (Advantus Engineers)
- Erica Cochran (Carnegie Mellon University)
- Danielle Crumrine (Tree Pittsburgh)
- Angela Garcia (Global Links)
- Laleh Gharanjik (Jendoco Construction)
- Jana Lake (3R Sustainability)
- Emily Pierson-Brown (Perkins Eastman Architects)
- Joylette Portlock (Sustainable Pittsburgh)
- Zinna Scott (Operation Better Block)
- Demeshia Seals (DLRS Consulting)
- Brenna Shaffer (Rothschild Doyno Architects)
- Alicia Volcy (IKM Architects)
Full breakfast is included in your registration fee. The Women+ in Green Breakfast will be held under the tent at Schenley Plaza.
4100 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Thank you to our sponsors:
If you would like to request a government/nonprofit/student discount code, please email Kara at email@example.com.
If you would like to inquire about scholarship opportunities, please submit an inquiry form.