- This event has passed.
Target 2030: Meeting Goals and Verifying 2030 Strategies
February 21 @ 4:30 pm - 8:00 pm EST
Join AIA: Pittsburgh for an in-depth tour of The Tower at PNC Plaza as part of the Target 2030 series!
*Note that space is limited for the tour, so sign up soon!*
AIA Pittsburgh’s Committee on the Environment (COTE) is pleased to present Target 2030. This program builds off of the AIA+2030 curriculum but is enhanced with vital insights, teachable moments, and lessons learned provided by industry experts. Additionally, this program will include presentations, tours, and sketching by members of the design team to demonstrate problems encountered, explored, and solved through the design and construction process. We are excited to offer truly fresh and exemplary buildings, and invite you to step into the minds of the design, construction, and owner teams as they recount and demonstrate critical parts of the process, a unique exposure that only the COTE can offer.
All sessions are from 4:30–8:30 p.m. and will include site visits and in-depth tours provided by industry experts. Light supper will be served.
On February 21, Target 2030 will be hosted at The Tower at PNC Plaza! As one of the greenest skyscrapers in the world, PNC Tower will be described by the architect and engineer involved from its outset, as well as the actual client. See and learn what makes this project exemplary, what is pioneering and what the team would do differently next time. Join us for this unique and highly sought tour of a noteworthy project and international destination.
The tour will be followed by a lecture at Michael Baker International – BNY Mellon – 500 Grant Street, Suite 5400, Pittsburgh. Please see below for important notes and details regarding this event.
This tour will be led by Mike Gilmore of PNC while the follow-up session will be presented by Greg LaForest of AIA: Gensler and Jeremy Snyder of BuroHappold Engineering.
Check in for the tour at 4:15 in the lobby of PNC Plaza. You must bring a valid ID.
For the lecture at Michael Baker International that follows the tour:
- When you enter the BNY Lobby, proceed up the escalator and to the security desks. Choose the 500 Grant Street Receptionist desk, which is identified by signage on the left side of the lobby security desk.
- Please have a picture ID on you. After you check in with Security, go to the Elevator Area that includes the 54th floor. Once on 54 push the intercom button; and we will let you in.
4:30 – 5:30: Tour of The Tower at PNC Plaza
5:30 – 8:30: In-depth lecture at Michael Baker International with Greg LaForest and Jeremy Snyder
- Set energy and passive design performance targets early to influence design objectives.
- Confirm and validate sustainability goals through through the design process and into operations.
- Understand the importance of project benchmarking in tracking building performance and in justifying the implementation of integrated sustainability strategies.
- Recognize completed integrated systems by touring a prominent highly sustainable building and hear from the building operators about the actual building performance.
Partnering with USGBC and AIA, GBA makes it easy for our members to report continuing education credits. Please provide your GBCI and/or AIA number so we can auto-report your credits (for applicable events). Non-members can still earn continuing education credits but will need to self-report their GBCI CEUs.
- February 21
4:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Community Events
- GBA Member
- GBA Non-Member
- Student / EP
- Member of Partner Organization