- This event has passed.
Net-Zero Energy Showcase
June 27, 2017 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm EDT
GBA is excited to showcase several projects in our region that are pursuing or have achieved Net Zero Energy (NZE). This dynamic afternoon will allow project teams and representatives to share their strategies, challenges, successes, and lessons learned in the pursuit of NZE!
According to the New Buildings Institute Net Zero Energy (also called Zero Net Energy) buildings are ultra-efficient new construction and deep energy retrofit projects that consume only as much energy as they produce from clean, renewable resources. This involves a balance of energy demand reduction, incredible efficiency, and the addition of renewable energy sources. The Pittsburgh region is rich with projects who have solved the NZE puzzle or are working to figure it out. Come learn from them, and enjoy food, drinks and networking after the program. Projects featured in this showcase include:
- Almono Development
- Chatham University’s Eden Hall Campus
- Frick Environmental Center
- Forest Hills Borough Building
- IBACOS Net Zero Energy Lab Home & SABIC Home of Innovation
- Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens: Center for Sustainable Landscapes, SEED Classroom, and Exhibit Staging Center
- Riverside Mews
- Spectrum Charter School
We can’t wait to hear about strategies and lessons learned from these project representatives. Join us for an afternoon of compelling content, inspiring education, and networking fun with drinks and appetizers!
3:00 – 5:00 – Presentations and moderated discussion
5:00 – 6:00 – Happy Hour, networking, and information stations
- Gain insights into projects that are aiming to achieve net-zero energy or have already done so, including motivations, strategies, challenges, and successes.
- Understand the context of net-zero energy as it relates to building standards like Passive House, LEED, and Living Building Challenge.
- Discover how demand reduction, energy efficiency, and renewable resources are each integral to reaching net-zero energy goals.
- Gain awareness of our region’s net-zero energy activity and celebrate local leaders who are demonstrating its feasibility in and around Pittsburgh.
Partnering with USGBC and AIA, GBA makes it easy for our members to report continuing education credits. Please provide your GBCI and/or AIA number so we can auto-report your credits (for applicable events). Non-members can still earn continuing education credits but will need to self-report their GBCI CEUs.