- This event has passed.
PITT OHIO Hard Hat Construction Tour
May 28, 2014 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm EDT
Interested in learning and seeing the most sustainable trucking company and facility in the nation? Now is your chance!
Join us for a hard hat construction tour of PITT OHIO’s 52 acre property for their new LEED Gold campus and learn about the company’s sustainable initiatives and culture of innovation. Gain insight into the technologies they’ve incorporated into their facility and why, as well as what they are thinking of next, and why sustainability is so important to them. We’ll start off with a short presentation and then head off for the tour.
We’ll have the opportunity to walk alongside these team members during the construction tour:
- PITT OHIO: an overview given by Jim Maug, Director of Building Maintenance as to the importance of sustainability to our organization and the importance of building a LEED-Certified building.
- LEED Certification: Marc Mondor – evolveEA, AIA, LEED Faculty
- Green Construction: Pat Stone – Massaro General Contractor
- Architecture: Chris Pegher – Lami Grubb
- Bio-Detention Site Design: Dave Hager – PVE Sheffler, Civil Engineer
- DC Lighting a Pitt Research/Lab: Ansel Barchowsky- Swanson School of Engineering University of Pittsburgh
- MEP Engineer: Jonathan Iams – Iams Consulting
Enjoy food, drinks and networking, and meet the team behind it all. The tour is limited to 30 participants, so don’t wait to register!