- This event has passed.
Northwest PA: LEED v4 Green Associate Prep Course
September 13, 2014 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Taught by GBA’s Janel Everly, this LEED GA exam prep course features newly-developed content related to LEED v4!
This one-day workshop teaches participants the core concepts within the US Green Building Council’s (USGBC) LEED certification program, and help participants effectively navigate multiple documents referenced by LEED rating systems. Through interactive learning and real-time customized project examples, participants will be prepared to successfully pass the LEED v4 Green Associate exam. Our approach to teaching addresses adult education and follows up with effective study guides and exam prep material.
In preparation to successfully sit for the USGBC’s LEED v4 Green Associate exam, you will learn about the LEED application process, synergistic opportunities within the rating system, and all of the following updated credit categories:
- Integrative Process
- Location & Transportation
- Sustainable Sites
- Water Efficiency
- Energy & Atmosphere
- Materials & Resources
- Indoor Environmental Quality
- Regional Priority
The Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) has created the LEED Green Associate credential, which denotes basic knowledge and understanding of green design, construction, and operations. The LEED Green Associate examination is designed to test general knowledge of green building practices and how to support other professionals working on LEED projects. The Green Associate credential also serves as the first step for professionals pursuing a LEED AP Specialization.
Value for the Attendee:
- The LEED Green Associate is designed to be of interest and value for all personnel – accountants to planners and contractors to facility managers – with responsibilities for the success of any green building project.
- Credentialed staff will feel empowered to oversee and manage consultants who are hired to guide the LEED certification process.
- Be one of the first wave of professionals to demonstrate basic knowledge of the newest version of LEED.