Member-Only Tour of Wigle Whiskey and 3R Building Sustainability
October 19 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm EST
GBA members are invited to a tour and tasting at Wigle Whiskey, with a reception at 3R Building Sustainability’s LEED Gold certified offices right next door!
About 3R’s LEED Gold Offices:
The 3R team handles both LEED reviews on behalf of USGBC and LEED consulting for projects pursuing certification. So they knew exactly what they wanted when it was time to consider a new office space. The team’s objective early on was to find a location in the heart of the city that is close to many local amenities and public transportation. With several options at hand, and the philosophy of sustainable buildings in mind, the decision was made to relocate to an existing building in the historic Strip District. The team did a third-floor fit-out of what was once Phoenix Brewing Company and the Otto Milk bottling house. During the reception, the project team will share with us some insights into their renovation, and what it was like to pursue LEED certification on their very own space. After the reception and look around 3R’s space, we’ll head next door to Wigle Whiskey!
About the Wigle Whiskey Tour:
Once at Wigle, we’ll learn about how the distillery starts with organic, local grain to produce a portfolio of award winning, full flavored Whiskeys, Gins, Rums, and Vodka. Throughout the tour we’ll hear all about the true tale of the Pittsburgh’s Whiskey Rebellion, one of the country’s quirkiest and pivotal events. The tour includes a cocktail to start, a hands on tour of the distillation process, a history of the Whiskey Rebellion told through the eyes of Philip Wigle, and a seated tasting of straight spirits. The total length of the tour is 1 hour.
Space for this event is very limited, so sign up early!
5:00 – 6:00 Reception at 3R Building Sustainability
6:00 – 7:00 Tour and Tasting at Wigle Whiskey
1. Understand some reasons the project team selected their new location, which included connectivity, existing infrastructure, and building reuse (SS c2 Development Density and Community Connectivity, LEED ID+C v2009).
2. Gain insight into the energy and water goals of the tenant space, including enhanced commissioning and renewable energy credits (EA c4 Green Power, LEED ID+C, v2009).
3. Hear from the team about the space’s open floor plan, which allows natural daylight to stream across the space to all work areas (IEQ c8.1 Daylight & Views, LEED ID+C v2009).
4. Hear strategies from the project team that helped them achieve 95% waste diversion (MR c2 Construction Waste Management, LEED ID+C v2009).
This event is approved for 1.0 LEED-Specific (ID+C v2009) GBCI CEU and 1.0 AIA LU/HSW hour.
Partnering with USGBC and AIA, GBA makes it easy for our members to report continuing education credits. Please provide your GBCI and/or AIA number so we can auto-report your credits (for applicable events). Non-members can still earn continuing education credits but will need to self-report their GBCI CEUs.
- October 19
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Event Category:
- GBA Events
- Leslie Montgomery
- GBA Member
- Individual Membership + Event Fee (member rate)
October 24 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm EST
October 25 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm EST
October 26 @ 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm EST