- This event has passed.
Manufacturing a Better Paying Pennsylvania
October 17, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 1:30 pm EDTFree
You’re invited to “Manufacturing a Better Paying Pennsylvania,” a half-day summit in Pittsburgh on Tuesday, October 17, that will bring together local and national leaders committed to revitalizing manufacturing and spurring economic development in the Keystone State. This event is part of the High Wage America Project, a policy and research program led by The Century Foundation’s Bernard L. Schwartz Rediscovering Government Initiative.
This participatory summit, which will feature an address by United Steelworkers President Leo Gerard, will discuss how to make the economy in Pennsylvania truly inclusive of its blue collar communities and manufacturing heritage. Two panels, featuring leaders from government, business, workforce and community development, and labor, will lay the groundwork for a bold agenda to build an advanced and inclusive manufacturing economy—showcasing examples of economic growth already underway in Pennsylvania and other similar communities across the country.
Summit panelist speakers include:
- Ted Chandler, AFL-CIO Housing Investment Trust
- Tom Croft, Steel Valley Authority; Heartland Capital Strategies
- Steve Herzenberg, Keystone Research Center
- Bill Generett, Duquesne University
- Madeline Janis, Jobs to Move America
- Jeff Madrick, Bernard L. Schwartz Rediscovering Government Initiative
- Harold Meyerson, the American Prospect
- Dewitt Walton, Allegheny County Councilman, A. Phillip Randolph Institute, and
- Additional leaders from the government, business, workforce and community development, and labor sectors.
*Breakfast and lunch will be provided for guests at this event.
This event is supported by:
- The Bernard L. Schwartz Rediscovering Government Initiative at The Century Foundation
- Steel Valley Authority
- Keystone Research Center
- Industrial Union Council of the AFL-CIO
- Heartland Capital Strategies
- National Call to Action