- This event has passed.
Living Building Challenge 4.0 Workshop
December 12, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm EST
The Living Building Challenge is a philosophy, advocacy tool, and certification program that addresses development at all scales. LBC 4.0 is a holistic approach to high-performance building that aims to address health, community, equity, energy, water, and beyond.
Attendees will identify the key components of the Living Building Challenge and discuss the rationale for restorative design principles. Attendees will then address design strategies for meeting ambitious place, water, energy, and materials performance requirements and health, happiness, beauty, and equity design considerations. Upon completion of the workshop, attendees will be able to compare the certification pathways available to LBC project teams, explain the key reasons for the latest changes to the LBC and reference examples of how the Living Building Challenge is driving innovation.
This event is approved for the following continuing education credits: 4 LFA Foundational CE credits, 4 AIA LUIHSW
- Discuss the rationale for restorative design principles
- Recognize financial, regulatory and behavioral barriers and incentives related to high-performance design
- Describe the intents and requirements for designing high-performing, sustainable, and resilient building projects
- Understand successful strategies for compliance with each performance area
- James Connelly, Vice President, Strategic Growth | International Living Future Institute
- Benson Gabler Director, Outreach + Pittsburgh Hub | International Living Future Institute