- This event has passed.
Interstate Renewable Energy Council’s 2019 Vision Summit
March 6$75.00 – $375.00
Join for a visionary exploration of the pillar policies, practices and workforce training necessary to enable millions more Americans to benefit from clean energy.
Prominent national and state clean energy influencers will lead thought-provoking expert panels and targeted outcome-driven discussions at this day-long event tailored for energy decision makers, advocates and educators.
Keynote: Rose McKinney James
The impact of the day will be set by Rose McKinney-James, a national role model for legislative and regulatory advocacy for renewable and clean energy policy. With a long history in public service, non-profit volunteerism and private sector corporate social responsibility, she is former president and CEO for the Corporation for Solar Technology and Renewable Resources, a former commissioner with the Nevada Public Service Commission, and served as vice president of the National Association of Regulatory Utility
- An opportunity to interact with a broad representation of experts, including renowned members of the Summit’s National Advisory Committee.
- Panel 1 Optimizing Clean Energy Technologies 10-11:00 am | How do we harness the potential of new technologies?
- Panel 2 Who Benefits from Clean Energy 11:15 am-12:15 pm | How do we ensure that low-income families and underserved communities benefit from renewable energy?
- Panel 3 Rethinking the Utility Business Model for a 100% Clean Energy Future 12:15-1:30 pm | What do decision makers need to do NOW to actualize a more sustainable, resilient, secure energy future?
- Panel 4 Preparing a Clean Energy Economy and Workforce 1:45-2:45 pm | What will prepare a cross-industry workforce for the clean energy economy?
- Breakout session 2:45-3:45 pm
- Panel 5 Leading the Transition 4-5:00 pm | What are the best policies to enable more distributed energy resources?
- Reception 5:30-7:00 pm
IREC increases access to sustainable energy and energy efficiency through independent, fact-based policy leadership, quality workforce development and consumer empowerment. Millions more Americans are able to enjoy the benefits of clean and efficient energy as a result of IREC’s thought-leading regulatory policy engagement and best practice resources. Working state by state, our unique work helps make affordable, reliable, sustainable clean and efficient energy possible, including for low-to moderate-income renters and multi-family dwellers, and in underserved communities.