- This event has passed.
Healthy Schools Summit
October 25, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 2:30 pm EDT$40 – $50
What does it take to create a healthy school for every child?
Join Healthy Schools PA for the 4th Annual Healthy Schools Summit as we learn, collaborate, and commit ourselves to create healthier, greener, and more sustainable learning environments for all children in our region!
- Foundations for Student Success – How School Buildings Influence Student Health, Thinking and Performance
- Keynote Speaker – Erika Eitland, MPH Program Manager, Schools for Health, Harvard T.H Chan School of Public Health
- What Does it Take to Create a Healthy School?
- Panel Discussion – Cassandra Brown, RN, Pittsburgh Public Schools; Jake Douglas, Food Services Director, Deer Lakes School District; Christine Schott, Parent and Sustainability Coordinator, Steel Valley School District; Vicki Ammar, Teacher, Pittsburgh Public Schools
- Celebrating Success through Our Healthy Schools Recognition Program
- Awards Ceremony and Luncheon
- Working Lunch: What Makes a Successful School Grant Proposal?
- Featuring Yvonne Cook, President, The Highmark Foundation and Tracey Reed Armant, Program Officer, The Grable Foundation
- Teaching Resiliency and Environmental Justice in the Classroom
- Educator Workshop – Katie Modic, Director of Education Initiatives at Communitopia
- Creating a Game-Plan for Whole-School Sustainability
- School Administrator Workshop – Donnan Stoicovy, Head of School, State College Friends School
- Engaging Parents and Community Partners for Healthy Schools
- Parent and Partner Workshop – Monté Robinson, Community Schools Coordinator, Pittsburgh Public Schools and LaKeisha Wolf, Executive Director, Ujamaa Collective
For questions and comments, please email Kara Rubio, Healthy Schools Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 412-404-2872.