- This event has passed.
Greener and Healthier: Establishing a Green Cleaning Program
November 5, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm EST$10
Ensuring a clean and safe learning environment is a top priority for schools that can make good financial sense AND protect the health of students, staff and custodians. Small changes to cleaning practices and indoor air quality (IAQ) can bring tremendous benefits to your school. Learn from industry experts on how to get started today!
Scholarships are available in an effort to make this program accessible to everyone and are given based on financial need. To receive a scholarship to an event or for more information on the Healthy Schools Workshop series and other GHSA programming, contact Green and Healthy Schools Director Katie Lockley.
- Communicate the importance of indoor air quality and green cleaning for staff health and performance.
- Define what indoor air quality issues look, feel, and smell like.
- Learn the simple measures buildings can take to reduce pollutant sources and impacts.
- Understand the primary components of indoor air quality management and green cleaning programs.
- Establish and maintain a green cleaning program-chemicals, equipment, supplies, and training
- Take action steps with quality industry resources, GBA vetted contractors, and those experienced in current local projects
This is a half-day workshop in our Green and Healthy Schools Academy’s Healthy Schools Workshop series.
Upcoming Healthy Schools workshops include:
- Monday December 16th 8:00am- Tuesday December 17th 2019 4:30pm— GPRO Operations and Maintenance Essentials Course
- Thursday January 9th 2020 8:00-12pm— Mold in Schools Workshop
- Tuesday March 10th 2020 8:00-12pm— New Rules and Best Practices: Recycling and Composting in Schools