- This event has passed.
Green Infrastructure Network Meeting and Tour of Etna’s Phase 2 Streetscape
May 31 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am EST
Join the Green Infrastructure Network for insight into the construction of the Phase 2 Streetscape in Etna, PA!
Please RSVP for this meeting to Jodi Gamble, firstname.lastname@example.org, (412) 578-8375.
Phase 2 of Etna’s Green Streetscape is under construction! At this meeting we’ll have the opportunity to hear about what’s planned for this project and see the progress to date. We’ll also tour some of the GI features that were installed in Phase 1 and hear how they have been performing.
Some details about Phase 2-
- Acreage Managed: 0.621
- Impervious Acreage Managed: 0.425
- GSI Management Strategy: Filter/Infiltrate/Remove
- Runoff Managed: 0.50 MG/yr (500,000 gal/yr)
The project involves reconstruction of the south side of Butler Street between Winschel and Freeport Streets as well as the reconstruction of the south side of Freeport Street between Butler Street and Cherry Alley. This phase involves:
- Installation of planting areas with nine street trees;
- 2400 cubic feet of underground storage in two locations that would promote infiltration;
- 1800 square feet of pervious pavers in Love Alley;
- “Rain Park” at 14 Freeport Street;
- Downspout disconnections and restatement to new conveyances and related work; and
- Planting areas adjacent to the municipal parking lot on Winschel Street.
The project will entail other improvements and traffic calming/safety features: 554 feet of realigned curbing to create bump-outs, 6280 square feet of new concrete sidewalk, 660 feet of 12” wide decorative ADA compliant grate and trench, tree grates, six new curb ramps and a new inlet to accommodate parking area drainage.
*Following the meeting, be sure to join those who are interested at E Town Bar & Grill (304 Butler St, Pittsburgh, PA 15223)!
*Street parking around the venue is available as are the public lots located on both Walnut Street and Winschel Street.
- May 31
10:00 am - 11:30 am
- Event Category:
- Community Events
October 24 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm EST
October 24 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm EST
CEOs for Sustainability Speaker Series: How C-Suites Are Responding to Increasing Stakeholder DemandOctober 25 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 am EST