- This event has passed.
Global Careers Seminar: Careers in Environmental Sustainability – Green Building Alliance
April 4 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am EDTFREE
Join the World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh on Thursday, April 4 from 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM for a Global Careers Seminar: Careers in Environmental Sustainability at the Green Building Alliance.
The Global Careers Series takes students out of the classroom and around Pittsburgh to explore innovative organizations and careers making an international impact.
Next stop – Green Building Alliance! Green Building Alliance advances innovation in the built environment by empowering people to create environmentally, economically, and socially vibrant places.
Tour the environmentally-friendly features of the Green Building Alliance, learn about GBA’s work and how they contribute to the Global Goals, and meet with leading sustainability experts about careers in environmental sustainability!
THE TOUR OF THE HIGHLINE:
- Izzy Rudolph, President of Development and Acquisitions, McKnight Realty Partners LLC.
BREAKOUT SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- Will Allen, former Pittsburgh Steeler and Founder of the Will Allen Foundation
- Sarah Yeager, Climate and Resilience Analyst, City of Pittsburgh Office of Sustainability
- Meghan Scanlon, Wellness and Sustainability Specialist, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
- Jeremy Frederick, Landscape Architect, Floura Teeter Landscape Architects
- Laleh Gharanjik, Assistant Project Manager, Jendoco Construction Corporation
- 9:00 – 9:35 AM: Welcome + Introduction
- 9:35 – 10:00 AM: Tour of the Green Building Alliance
- 10:00 – 10:30 AM: Green Building Alliance: Environmental Sustainability and the Global Goals
- 10:30 – 10:40 AM: Break
- 10:40 – 11:00 AM: Careers in Environmental Sustainability
- 11:00 – 11:25 AM: Small Group Discussions with Leading Sustainability Experts
- 11:25 – 11:30 AM: Evaluation and Adjournment
This event is offered at NO CHARGE to students and accompanying teachers. Pizza and refreshments will be provided.
Registration is required by Friday, March 29.
Registration is limited to 30 students and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Maximum of 5 students per school. Additional students can be added to the waitlist by emailing Kathleen@worldpittsburgh.org.