- This event has passed.
GBA Office Tour
January 9 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm ESTFree
Allow GBA to share its LEED-CI Platinum space with you!
Come check out the many green features in GBA’s own LEED Platinum office! You already know that we believe healthy, high-performing spaces make a difference for occupants, but if you don’t want simply to take our word for it, this is your chance to find out for yourself. Hear our staff lay out what they love about working in a LEED-certified office, and see what makes GBA’s office a green space! Here are a few of our favorite features:
- A countertop made from salvaged bowling alley material
- Drywall made from coal byproduct
- Carbon-offsetting carpet squares
- A hospital-grade ventilation system
Come to see these green features and so many more! For additional information, take a look at our green building directory listing for a sneak peek of what the tour will include.
5:00-6:00–Guided office tour with a GBA staff member followed by a question and answer session.
1. Learn how GBA achieved a LEED Platinum certification under the LEED-CI v.2009 rating system.
2. Discover how GBA achieved the Daylight and Views – daylight LEED ID+C v.2009 credit through the use of strategically placed windows in its historic building.
3. Gain insight into the process of designing GBA’s newly renovated bike room, which earned us an Alternative-Transportation- bicycle storage and changing room credit as part of our LEED ID+C v.2009 certification.
4. Understand how the state-of-the-art HVAC system at GBA contributed to us earning the Thermal Comfort-design credit as part of our LEED ID+C v.2009 certification.
This event is approved for 1.0 LEED AP ID+C GBCI CEU.
Partnering with USGBC and AIA, GBA makes it easy for our members to report continuing education credits. Please provide your GBCI and/or AIA number so we can auto-report your credits (for applicable events). Non-members can still earn continuing education credits but will need to self-report their GBCI CEUs.