Certified Passive House Designer – Consultant Training Preregistration
January 1, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST
Save your spot for the 2020 Certified Passive House Designer – Consultant course!
This Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant course offers intensive 5-day instruction by master trainers, in which participants will receive a thorough grounding in the critical aspects of Passive House design and construction. You’ll get prepared to pass the CPHD/C exam and learn how to apply the lessons learned directly to real-world work experience. On successfully passing the exam, participants will receive a five-year registration as an internationally accredited Certified Passive House Designer or Consultant.
AIA Approved: 30
Your $200 deposit reserves your spot in our 2020 CPHD/C class, date TBDRegister Now
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the Passive House building standard, including its intent, requirements, history, the players involved, some common misconceptions, and its applications for both residential and commercial buildings.
- Learn the basics of building science as an essential piece of the Passive House standard.
- Explore the theories behind the Passive House building standard and put them into practice during in-class design and critique sessions.
- Learn to use the Passive House Planning Package (PHPP) energy modeling software as part of being adequately prepared to pass the Certified Passive House Designer exam and become a fully credentialed CPHD.
Each CPHD/C trainer brings a specific set of expertise and professional background to the course, and using multiple trainers helps keep the content fresh and engaging throughout the week. They will provide you with a great experience! These trainers are contracted through Green Building Alliance and they are our partners in ensuring success and satisfaction.
- Adam Bertonaschi (Branch Pattern)
- Jim Bischoff (NK Architects)
- Rick Eckstrom (Passive House Consultant)
- Rhett Major (The Energy Doctor)
- Gary Moshier (Moshier Studio)
- Day 1: Introduction to Passive House principles and economics, with an in-depth look at enclosure insulation & thermal bridging: principles, calculations, details, systems and components.
- Day 2: Enclosure airtightness and windows: principles, calculations, details, systems and components.
- Day 3: Ventilation, heating, cooling, dehumidification, and domestic hot water: principles, calculations, details, systems and components.
- Day 4: PHPP energy model and calculating building energy balance.
- Day 5: Retrofits, certifications, and exam preparation.