- This event has passed.
Building Benchmarking Training
April 27 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm EDTFree
Building energy and water benchmarking and disclosure are now required for non-residential properties over 50,000 square feet in the City of Pittsburgh. If you own or operate one of these buildings, you’ll need to be prepared to comply with this legislation by June 1, 2018. Green Building Alliance’s Isaac Smith can show you how to comply and help you better understand your facility’s performance by learning to input and track your building’s energy and water data in Energy Star’s Portfolio Manager.
Join Pittsburgh 2030 District’s Data & Performance Director Isaac Smith for an education session on how to use Portfolio Manager to comply with the City of Pittsburgh’s building benchmarking legislation. Attendees will learn how to navigate Portfolio Manager; add a property and enter details about it; enter energy and water consumption data; generate template performance reports to assess progress. Participants may need to complete some tasks prior to the training – more details forthcoming with your registration.
This training is being offered at no cost thanks to the City Energy Project and in partnership with the City of Pittsburgh. Lunch is included, so registration is required to make sure we have food for everyone.
11:30 – 12:30 – Training by Isaac Smith
12:30 – 1:00 Questions and Troubleshooting
- Understand the core functionality of Energy Star’s Portfolio Manager, including navigation
- Enter a new property, create new contacts, and share building data.
- Interpret utility statements to determine values to be data-entered. Add and modify energy and water data.
- Generate performance reports and interpret results
- Comply with the City of Pittsburgh’s building benchmarking legislation for non-residential buildings over 50,000 square feet