Breakfast Briefing: Living Product Challenge 101
August 22 @ 8:30 am - 10:00 am EST
Join GBA for a breakfast workshop to learn more about the Living Product Challenge!
Earlier this year, the International Living Future Institute (ILFI), in collaboration with Green Building Alliance, launched the Pittsburgh Living Product Hub. The primary goal of the Hub is to work with local manufacturers to retool existing products and create new products that can lead the industry in ingredient transparency, material health and regenerative design. To guide companies, the Hub will use the Living Product Challenge (LPC), ILFI’s aspirational framework for rethinking product design and manufacturing.
Join us for a breakfast workshop on August 22 to learn about the LPC certification program and how your company can get engaged in transforming products to maximize their positive social and environmental impact. The session will be led by Benson Gabler, who serves as the Pittsburgh Living Product Hub Manager.
8:30 – 9:30 – Presentation
9:30 – 10:00 – Q&A
- Learn about the key components of the Living Product Challenge (LPC), including material health assessments and life cycle analysis
- Identify the LPC program requirements and certification pathways
- Explore how the LPC framework can serve as a guide for manufacturers looking to make their products and processes Net Positive
- Understand how LPC certification can help meet the requirements of the Living Building Challenge and LEED
Partnering with USGBC and AIA, GBA makes it easy for our members to report continuing education credits. Please provide your GBCI and/or AIA number so we can auto-report your credits (for applicable events). Non-members can still earn continuing education credits but will need to self-report their GBCI CEUs.
- August 22
8:30 am - 10:00 am
- Event Category:
- GBA Events
- Leslie Montgomery
- GBA Member
- GBA Non-Member
- Student / EP
- Individual Membership + Event Fee (member rate)
August 23 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm EST
August 29 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm EST
August 30 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm EST