- This event has passed.
ASCE International Conference on Transportation & Development
July 15, 2018 @ 11:00 am - July 18, 2018 @ 5:00 pm EDT
Intrigued by the transformational impact of technology on transportation and development? Join your peers and other experts from around the world as we get together in beautiful downtown Pittsburgh to share ideas and advance the knowledge on the impact of technologies on transportation and development.
Technology has played a critical role in transportation and development. With the rapid growth in Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CAVs), V2V and V2I communication, on-demand location-based transportation, and other emerging technologies, there is a critical need to assess and prepare for the impact of these technologies on transportation and development as a whole – from impact on mobility, safety, transit, airports, freight, pavements and other key elements of transportation infrastructure and operations, to the impact on planning, travel behavior, mode choice, finance, economics, land use, and sustainability. ASCE International Conference on Transportation & Development (ICTD 2018) is organized by the Transportation & Development Institute (T&DI) of ASCE to facilitate exchange of information, knowledge, and best practices among transportation and development practitioners and researchers, public infrastructure owners, policy makers, government engineers and planners, operations managers and leading academics from around the world.
Reasons to Attend
- Discover the latest innovations and learn more about major technologies and their impact on transportation and development.
- Network with other professionals in the areas of infrastructure planning, design, operation, and management.
- Get up-to-date information about federal and state policies and initiatives that are shaping your profession.
- Earn Professional Development Hours (PDHs).
Who Should Attend
- Transportation and development practitioners and researchers
- Innovators and technology leaders
- Public infrastructure owners
- Policy makers
- Government engineers and planners
- Operations managers
- Leading academics & students