- This event has passed.
An Insider’s Guide to Combined Heat and Power
April 22, 2015 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
Combined Heat and Power (CHP) is growing in popularity as a way to leverage a single fuel to produce both electricity and heat for your building and operations. CHP applications often operate at 65-75% efficiency, beating the national average of 45% for these services separately.*
This is an information session designed for building owners, managers, and operators
that will provide real-world examples of CHP applications and implementation scenarios, followed by a Q&A with the presenters.
- How it works: Understanding different uses and options
- Who has done it: Case studies from Pittsburgh and across the U.S.
- When it pays: CHP as an opportunity for cost-savings
- Mr. Doug Ferguson, VP Americas Operations – Phoenix Contact, Inc.
- Mr. Jeff Crist, PE, President – Gatter & Diehl, Inc.
- Rod Dobish, Executive Director, Facilities Management – Duquesne University
- James D. Freihaut, Director – DOE Mid Atlantic CHP Technical Assistance Project
- Meredith Montalto, Pennsylvania Representative for Pew Clean Energy Initiative
Event is free to attend. Continental breakfast will be provided.
- 8:00am Breakfast and Registration
- 8:30am – 10:00am Presentations