Continuing a Legacy of Green Building Leadership
Shift mindsets, foster collaboration, cultivate leadership, and drive change in the built environment community.
Green Building Alliance is catalyzing our region’s next generation of sustainability leaders through an intensive professional development cohort. Architects, engineers, contractors, developers, building owners, and community planners will learn to advocate for healthy and high performing places, while leveraging their collective skills to solve the region’s most pressing challenges. From building performance analysis and rating system reviews to communications training and social equity investigations, participants will learn to translate a passion for sustainability into practice. Through this Lab, our goal is to drive change in the built environment community toward justice, compassion, and environmental well-being.
The Lab will provide deep, immersive learning by combining lectures, experiences and activities. Participants will be exposed to both theory and practice, while gaining access to local projects and project teams that offer real-life examples of topics covered. We will launch with a retreat, and then continue with intensive monthly workshops. Each workshop will offer a lecture by a local expert, a building tour, and solo and group activities.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Align Your Goals and Values: Refine your personal and professional goals, clarify your purpose, and align your daily work with your guiding values.
- Amplify your Voice: Articulate your perspective with confidence and practice challenging the status quo. You’ll learn how to engage project and company leadership.
- Share Your Talents: Apply your skills, knowledge, and background to the questions explored in the cohort. Learn from your fellow participants and offer your own ideas to the conversation.
- Build your Network: Create a strong community of change makers across sectors through deepened personal and professional relationships. They may become your mentors, partners, and even future colleagues.
- Analyze the System: Learn to evaluate environmental impact on a variety of scales, identify connections and leverage points, and evaluate both quantitative and qualitative benefits of sustainability.
Given the multidisciplinary nature of the built environment, the program will balance representation from diverse sectors, positions, and backgrounds. Firms and corporations already committed to sustainability are encouraged to train the next generation of their staff, while organizations with developing interest should nominate a lead advocate. We encourage everyone to apply, from independent consultants to large corporations.
October 4-5: Opening Retreat
November 2: Workshop
December 7: Workshop
January 11: Workshop
February 1: Workshop
March 8: Workshop
April 5: Workshop
May 10: Workshop / Graduation
The Participation Fee is $2,500. This covers all 7 full-day workshops and the retreat, including meals. Payment plans can be made available as needed. Participants will also receive one complementary GBA event per month during their time in the program, and a $200 credit towards one of the following trainings (as available):
- LEED Green Associate Exam Prep Course
- Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant Training
- Certified Passive House Tradesperson Training
- GPRO Operations & Maintenance Training
If you are interested in participating in the Sustainability Leadership Lab, please complete an application below.
The application deadline is Friday, August 10.