With support from West Penn Power Sustainable Energy Fund, Green Building Alliance and Passive House Western PA are pleased to announce this Certified Passive House Designer (CPHD) “Train-the-Trainer” Opportunity.
The Need: Our region needs a community of knowledgeable professionals who can apply Passive House methods to commercial buildings. We need to prepare for rising demand!
The Opportunity: Certified Passive House Designers (CPHD) are trained through the Passive House Institute and Passive House Academy, and they show a deep understanding of the international, commercial-based standard. Until now, this training has been inaccessible to most professionals in the Pittsburgh region.
Green Building Alliance and Passive House Western Pennsylvania want YOU to consider pursuing a CPHD certification and becoming a certified trainer so we can build a network of capable professionals to help building owners and project teams who want to pursue this standard.
What to Expect from Train-the-Trainer Process:
Selected Train-the-Trainer participants participate in a 3-part training process:
- Attend the 5-day CPHD training in Pittsburgh: September 2016
- Take the CPHD exam after first Pittsburgh course: October 2016
- Help deliver 5-day CPHD training in Philadelphia with PHA: Fall 2016
- Take 24-hour online CPHD Training module: Concurrent to above at own pace
- Travel to Austria or New York City for additional PH theoretical and hands-on training: May 2016 (location TBD by PHA)
What You’ll Get:
- CEUs compliant with LEED AP & AIA
- Thanks to West Penn Power Sustainable Energy Fund, part of your costs will be covered
- You’ll become a go-to expert for Passive House applications
- You’ll have a revenue-generating opportunity as a future instructor for local, regional, and/or national CPHD trainings
- You’ll be eligible for Board membership in PHWPA
What Train-the-Trainers Commit To:
Selected Train-the-Trainer participants commit to:
- Completing CPHD training and passing the exam,
- Completing CPHD Trainer certification,
- Paying a portion of overall training costs (TBD),
- Paying a portion of overall Trainer certification costs (TBD),
- Teaching one 5-day CPHD course annually in Western Pennsylvania for next 3 years (minimum)
- This will help educate more professionals in these methods, making more PH applications possible on a larger scale
- First opportunity to teach a course for GBA and PHWPA: Spring 2017
If you are simply interested in the 5-day CPHD training, stay tuned! We’re working to finalize logistics and schedule the training, which will likely be held in late September. Please keep checking our website or contact us for timing.
If you are interested in becoming a CPHD Trainer, please complete the application below. Because partial costs are being covered for this opportunity, we will make selections based on the applications we receive and will select between one and three candidates to move through the train-the-trainer process.
We’ll be hosting an information session on May 23 for anyone who is seriously interested and would like to learn more details. You can sign up for the information session here.
All applications are due by June 1. We’ll make our selections by June 21.