Job Openings at Green Building Alliance
GBA is a fun, energetic place to work, where employees are passionate about the measurable difference they’re making in their community. Recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania” in 2010, 2013, 2014, and 2016 by the Pittsburgh Business Times, GBA offers staff members and interns the chance to build on their strengths and pursue various professional development opportunities in the green building industry. Employees and interns can attend all GBA events for free and enjoy a host of tangible and intangible benefits.
If no openings currently exist, interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume indicating their area of interest (per GBA’s initiatives) to email@example.com.
Current Job Openings:
This full-time Communications Director position manages all strategic cross-departmental marketing and communications initiatives for Green Building Alliance. The Director is responsible for the planning, implementation, and evaluation of effective marketing and communications efforts, including print, web, social media, direct mail, and other mechanisms.
GBA’s Communications Director is a key position for overall brand-building to a wide variety of GBA stakeholders. It requires exceptionally strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility in marketing/communications. Hiree will be responsible for all marketing, communications, and general outreach, including: collateral materials, public relations communications, and marketing strategies that positively impact GBA’s comprehensive brand, programming, and development efforts. The Communications Director leads staff in the planning and execution of marketing plans, works collaboratively across departments to develop strategic support for programming and fundraising goals, and oversees both content and deployment of all public-facing communications. The position reports to GBA’s Relationship & Development Director and works closely with the Multimedia Director, as well as all GBA program staff.
- Develop strategic communications plan for GBA and its initiatives, including annual promotion plan for Inspire Speakers Series and all (120+) GBA annual activities.
- Actively manage all aspects of GBA’s brand internally and externally across materials, media, and channels.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key local and national media outlets.
- Manage creation and deployment of all GBA communications content, including websites, blog posts, and other outreach mechanisms such as coordinating in-house, guest, and paid content writers.
- Plan, develop, coordinate, and deploy GBA’s Annual Report and annual magazine (Viride).
- Coordinate communications plan for biannual membership drives in collaboration with Relationship & Development Director.
- Assist in the creation of compelling stories that inspire action for all GBA programs, initiatives, and efforts.
- Regularly evaluate and update GBA’s communications tools, vendors, venues, and strategies to ensure adherence to best practices.
- Rigorously analyze results from all campaigns, surveys, and outreach efforts to allow for adaptive, data-driven decisions to be made based on constituents’ needs, concerns, behaviors, and preferences.
- Work with Multimedia and Technical Directors to update green project, product, and services directories.
- Serve as organizational spokesperson and media contact.
- Develop stakeholder relationships that further GBA’s mission and goals.
- Provide grant proposal/reporting writing support as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public affairs, or other related concentration with at least two years of communications and media relations experience.
- Excellent relationship-building skills; interpersonally savvy, including experience working with external stakeholders and in community relations.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at one time and deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to establish credibility and support GBA preferences and priorities across organizational boundaries.
- Existing or developable passion for healthy, high-performance buildings and sustainable development required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) required.
- WordPress experience preferred; social media, Adobe Design Suite, and CRM familiarity appreciated.
- This position is based at GBA’s offices on the South Side of Pittsburgh.
- Local travel and occasional evening hours are required.
- Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with heavy consideration given to candidates who want to contribute to the success of GBA’s high-functioning team in a way that advances the organization’s dynamic approach to evidence-based triple bottom line transformation and preference for actionable results.
- GBA strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status (or any combination of these or related factors) to submit an application for consideration. GBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Edited: January 20, 2017
Internships at Green Building Alliance
At GBA, our interns receive a unique opportunity to work with leaders in the green building industry and to contribute to a variety of initiatives. Interns are also welcome to attend all GBA events for free, offering them invaluable opportunities for education and networking.
GBA internships are best suited for undergraduate or graduate students (as opposed to post-graduates). If no openings currently exist, those interested in future internships should submit a cover letter and resume referencing their area of preference (per GBA’s initiatives) to email@example.com.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: GBA strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status (or any combination of these or related factors) to submit an application for consideration. GBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.