Internships at Green Building Alliance
At GBA, our interns receive a unique opportunity to work with leaders in the green building industry and to contribute to a variety of initiatives. Interns are also welcome to attend all GBA events for free, offering them invaluable opportunities for education and networking.
GBA internships are best suited for undergraduate or graduate students (as opposed to post-graduates). If no openings currently exist, those interested in future internships should submit a cover letter and resume referencing their area of preference (per GBA’s initiatives) to email@example.com.
Pittsburgh 2030 District Intern, Spring 2017
Green Building Alliance’s (GBA) Pittsburgh 2030 District Intern will support Pittsburgh 2030 District program activities and partners. This position reports to GBA’s Pittsburgh 2030 District Director, works closely with GBA’s Building Performance Analyst and Pittsburgh 2030 District Specialist, and interacts with all GBA staff.
This paid internship requires a commitment of 10 to 15 hours per week. The internship is designed to run from January through May 2017, with continuation into summer 2017 possible; duration is negotiable and dependent upon performance.
- Assist with information collection, preparation, and analysis for the Pittsburgh 2030 District 2016 Progress Report.
- Gather data about building performance from local partners.
- Provide assistance with data review, entry, and consolidation using Energy Star Portfolio Manager and Excel.
- Prepare reports for individual Partners using Energy Star Portfolio Manager and Excel.
- Assist in building and district-wide data evaluation including, but not limited to, energy performance, water performance, and the Make My Trip Count commuter transportation survey.
- Assist with ongoing Pittsburgh 2030 District needs, including execution of monthly Partner Meetings, annual Progress Report Reception, contact database management, website updates, research related to building data, and case study preparation.
- Interact with and provide support to Pittsburgh 2030 District Property, Community, and Resource Partners as necessary
Required Experience, Skills, & Abilities
- Applicants must be enrolled in an academic program. Academic work in a related field is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Possess demonstrable knowledge about green buildings, design, construction, operations, and/or real estate.
- Able to translate technical data and information into an understandable format for a variety of constituencies.
- Highly motivated and analytical.
- Significant proficiency with Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of Word, Outlook, Publisher, and PowerPoint required.
- Experience with EPA Energy Star Portfolio Manager a plus.
Intern must complete assignments at GBA’s offices on the South Side of Pittsburgh.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 5, 2016. No phone calls, please.
Job Openings at Green Building Alliance
GBA is a fun, energetic place to work, where employees are passionate about the measurable difference they’re making in their community. Recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania” in 2010, 2013, 2014, and 2016 by the Pittsburgh Business Times, GBA offers staff members and interns the chance to build on their strengths and pursue various professional development opportunities in the green building industry. Employees and interns can attend all GBA events for free and enjoy a host of tangible and intangible benefits.
If no openings currently exist, interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume indicating their area of interest (per GBA’s initiatives) to email@example.com.
Current Job Openings:
- None right now, but check back soon!
Search for Green Jobs in Pennsylvania
|what field?||where about?|
|job title, keywords or company||city, state or zip|
Diversity and Inclusiveness: GBA strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status (or any combination of these or related factors) to submit an application for consideration. GBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.