Inspire Speakers Series Presents: Bob Berkebile
March 13, 2014 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Redefining Community Vitality
A true pioneer in regenerative design, Bob Berkebile’s goal is to integrate social, environmental, and economic vitality. This green building legend helped develop both LEED and the Living Building Challenge (LBC), and also created the first building to achieve both LEED Platinum and LBC certifications. At March’s Inspire Speakers Series, Bob will share his vision of Urban Acupuncture. “In this critical time for America, the human family, and the planet, can urban acupuncture provide the ‘new manner of thinking’ Einstein was requesting, and become the catalyst for community vitality and resilience?” Come find out!
More About Bob Berkebile
- Principal of BNIM Architects (Kansas City, MO)
- Founded the AIA Committee on the Environment (COTE) in 1989 and served as its initial chair
- Founding member of the U.S. Green Building Council; served on the national board
- Received a Heinz Award from Teresa Heinz and the Heinz Family Foundation for his role in promoting green building design
- BNIM received AIA’s National Firm Award in 2011
- Created the first building to be certified both LEED Platinum and a Living Building
How does this topic relate to Western Pennsylvania? March’s Inspire Speakers Series will feature a local speaker who will share details about how Bob’s thoughts are being addressed in our neighborhoods. Stay tuned to find out who that will be!
Come grab dinner and enjoy an opportunity for networking in Phipps Cafe starting at 5:00 p.m. Inspire Speakers presentations will follow at 6:00 p.m. Register here to join Bob for dinner after his talk.
Check out the rest of the Inspire Speakers Series presenters here! GBA members can save $51 by purchasing the entire series!
Partner organizations for this event are Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens and Tri-State Area School Study Council.